The Power of One World
Open a new world of language and culture to countless students; you can be part of the growth of multilingual culture in schools.
Our Spanish Education majors are strongly encouraged and receive support to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country to immerse themselves in the language and culture. Step into the classroom the second semester of your freshman year, where you will hone your skills to touch the lives of Pre K-grade 12 students of all learning levels.
As part of our award-winning SPSEA education club, you will benefit from professional development, activities with Pre K-12 students, and valuable networking opportunities.
As an educator, you have the power to change the world, one student at a time.
|Spanish Education (K-12) Major|
|Spanish Education (K-12) Major & Spanish Major|
Graduate School Guarantee —
Master of Education (M.Ed.) or the Master of Teaching (MAT) Programs
University of Pittsburgh School of Education
MORE INFORMATION ON PITT-GREENSBURG GRADUATE SCHOOL GUARANTEES
- Indicate Pre-Education on admissions application.
- Earn a 3.5 grade point average in high school and a minimum 1250 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 28 ACT.
- Maintain a 3.25 grade point average as a full-time undergraduate student at a regional campus (individual instances where a student's grade point average falls below 3.25 will be reviewed by the Dean of the School of Education).
- Adttend a School of Education Information Session.
- Declare the specific teacher education program by the end of junior year.
- Complete all prerequisite courses for the teachere education specialty area.
- Candidates in foreign language must also attain a rating of at least Advanced Low on the OPI examination administered by ACTFL.
- Show evidence of substantial experience working or volunteering with children or adolescents as a teacher, tutor, camp counselor, etc.
- For information about the Graduate School of Education, go to www.education.pitt.edu/programs/graduate.aspx