The Academic Experience
The University Preview Program is designed for accelerated high school juniors and seniors who wish to enroll in one course per semester at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, either during the academic year or/and in the summer.
- Students will be engaged in the actual college classroom experience, benefitting from the expertise of college faculty and taking part in the exchange between Pitt-Greensburg students and their instructors.
- Students will be assigned an Academic Advisor who works specifically with University Preview students.
- Credit earned for each course are accepted for transfer at most colleges and universities, contingent upon the grade you earn and the credit transfer policies at the institution receiving the credits. Students must obtain an official transcript from the University upon completion of the course which gets submitted to their high school in order to meet their high school requirements.
- Courses offered are at the introductory level and can be worked into your high school requirements.
- Complete and submit the Pitt-Greensburg application for undergraduate admission. Students may submit a paper application or apply on-line.
- The high school guidance counselor or principal must complete the Secondary School Approval Form and submit it, along with your high school transcript.
- Parent or Guardian permission is required.
- Include a one time $45 application fee.
- All materials should be sent to:
University of Pittsburgh Greensburg
Office of Admissions
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
- Once all application materials are submitted, the application is evaluated for admissions or denial.
- Once admitted, students must contact their Academic Advisor to schedule classes. One 3-credit course is permitted per semester.
- Students who wish to apply to Pitt-Greensburg as a full time student upon high school graduation will have their application fee waived.
Program Costs and Fees
Costs for fall 2015-spring 2016 will be available in July.
Tuition for courses taken through the University Preview Program is the per credit charge for undergraduate courses at the State System of Higher Education Schools (currently $294/credit for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016). All courses offered within this program are 3-credit courses. This is a total saving of $647 over the current Pitt rate for a 3-credit course.
Other fees include $25 for a parking permit.
Students will be responsible for all books and supplies.
One 3-credit course:
Total: $907 plus books and supplies
Courses Available Fall 2015:
Intro to Modern Art
Introduction to Microeconomic Theory
Introduction to Macroeconomic Theory
Introduction to Literature
United States 1865- present
Introduction to Information, Systems and Society
Prep for Business Calculus
Analytic Geometry and Calculus 1
Introduction to Philosophical Problems
Introduction to Logic
Introdution to Psychology
Introduction to Shakespeare
Introduction to Ethics
Introduction to Marketing
Introduction to Public Policy