Welcome Week is full of exciting events to help you become familiar with the people and places at Pitt-Greensburg. Welcome Week is considered a mandatory activity, so please plan on being here. There is a freshman socialization fee for Welcome Week, so be sure to get your money's worth! This fee is applied directly to your tuition bill for fall.
2016 Welcome Week Schedule
- On Thursday, August 25 new residents will move in their belongings while new commuter students check-in and pick up their ID cards and other information pertaining to Welcome Week.
- On Thursday, August 25 there will be a First-Year Student Convocation, which is a formal welcome into the University community. This event is held in the late afternoon. The dress for this event is casual and you can bring two members of your family, who will receive an invitation in early August.
- There will be fun and informative programs and activities sponsored throughout the day and into the evening on Friday, August 26! Students enrolled in Freshman Seminar are required to attend the sessions that take place from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This is also a time to get your books, pick up your parking permit, check out where all your classes are, etc.
- There are great day trips scheduled on Saturday, August 27. This year, students can choose between: Kennywood Amusement Park, the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, or Station Square/Incline Ride/Gateway Clipper Riverboat Tour. These trips are free and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. NOTE: You MUST complete the online form here to indicate your selection of Welcome Week Day Trip.
- The Big Bang is a tradition at Pitt-Greensburg on the Sunday prior to classes, August 28. Upperclassmen will join you in enjoying a great BBQ, carnival games, music, and a spectacular fireworks display. Come and have some fun!
- A complete Welcome Week schedule will be sent to you in early August.