5K Run/Fun Walk
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg
Saturday, October 4, 2014
Registration - 7:00 a.m.
Opening Ceremony – 8:15 a.m.
Race: Runners - 8:30 a.m.; Walkers - Immediately after
- 5K Run
- 5K Fun Walk
- Children’s 100 Meter Sprint (No charge for ages 6 and under)
Please, no bikes or pets. Strollers are permitted.
- $20; Early Registration by September 17
- $10; Early Registration by September 17 for ages 7-12
- $25 Registration after September 17
- $15; Registration after September 17 for ages 7-12
- Children 6 and under are free, but still need to register
Registration fees are non-refundable.
Alpha Alpha Delta Chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society
Pitt-Greensburg Alumni Association
- Top three male and top three female finishers overall
- Top three male 60+, top three female 60+
- Top three male, top three female, 50 -59 age group
- Top three male, top three female, 40 -49 age group
- Top three male, top three female, 30 – 39 age group
- Top three male, top three female, 20 – 29 age group
- Top three male, top three female, 15 – 19 age group
- Top three in 14 and under age groups
- All participants will receive an award
For additional information, please contact:
Alumni Coordinator, 724-836-7496
If you are interested in volunteering at this event please click here to fill out an on-line form. Or contact us at
Become a Sponsor of the 2014 Pitt-Greensburg 5K Run/Fun Walk
Pitt-Greensburg’s Chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society and the Pitt-Greensburg Alumni Association are hosting the 2014 Pitt-Greensburg 5K Run/Fun Walk. Proceeds will benefit these students through these two organizations. You can help these organizations help students by becoming a sponsor. Be recognized by event participants, students, their families, alumni and the community for your support of this high profile event.
The race will take place at the peak of Western Pennsylvania’s colorful fall foliage season, winding through the beautiful Pitt-Greensburg campus and surrounding area on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
Members of the Pitt-Greensburg Chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society members are promoting literacy through local book drives and presenting their course work at regional and international conferences. Participating students change their lives while increasing their potential to change the world. Additionally, the Pitt-Greensburg Alumni Association (PGAA) serves Pitt-Greensburg and its students in a myriad of ways; from the creation of scholarship funds to the recognition of Pitt-Greensburg alumni for distinguished service.
A number of sponsorship packages are available, additional information will be forthcoming. Thank you!