Christmastime is Here
Wednesday, November 30, 7:30pm & Friday, December 2, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
The Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers are the University’s two choral ensembles. This year, the Chorale offers a holiday concert featuring great choruses of Handel's Messiah. We are proud to perform with some of Western PA's finest singers, with soprano Cynthia Ortiz, contralto Daphne Alderson, tenors Mark Boyle and Nick Monzon, and Bass Skip Napier joining us for these performances.
- Willaert: O Magnum Mysterium
- Whitacre: Lux Aurumque & Glow
- Guaraldi: Christmastime is Here
- Leontovych: Carol of the Bells
- McKelvy: Deck the Halls in 7/8
- Handel: Selected arias & choruses from Messiah
*Click Here for live stream of Friday 12/2 performance*
Concert begins approx. 7:30pm EST.
Please note: This live stream works best using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome Browsers. You may experience difficulty viewing the concert using Internet Explorer.
Voice & Piano Recital
Wednesday, December 7, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
Friday, December 9, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
Guest violinist, newly settled in Greensburg from Cuba, Claudia Quintana Coro, will bring us warmth of the Caribbean as she performs two movements from Bach’s Sonata in G Minor for Solo Violin and the Meditation from Thaïs by Massenet.
Ringing in the Christmas season will be new member, pianist Don Bertoti, presenting Christmas favorites in technicolor arrangements.
Admission is free to club members and voluntary donations are accepted from non-members at the door. All are invited to a reception following the recital.
For more information, check out www.fridayeveningmusicclub.org or call Michele Boulet at 724-837-5474 for membership and performance opportunities.
About Music at Pitt-Greensburg
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg features three concert series in Campana Chapel.
- Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers: Pitt-Greensburg's featured student choral ensembles
- Joan Chambers Concert Series: Local, national, and international artists appearing in memory of ardent Pitt-Greensburg supporter Joan Chambers
- Friday Evening Music Club: A community of area performers and audience dedicated to creating and sharing in great artistic performance and camaraderie
All performances begin at 7:30pm (unless otherwise noted). Performances are free and open to the public; see Admission page for more info about donations to ensembles and series at the concert venue.
Help support Music at Pitt-Greensburg: Donate online; be sure to specify Music at Pitt-Greensburg and/or a specific concert series you would like to support. Thanks so much for helping to sustain our concert series.