Voice & Piano Recital
Monday, December 1, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
Under the direction of Mr. Zach Rohlwing, our new programs in Voice and Piano offers, to any student, the opportunity to start or continue their vocal or piano studies through an intensive, one-on-one, entirely individualized weekly lesson. These lessons challenge students to hone their technical and musical skills using a variety of methods, repertoire, and experiences. As a supplement to weekly lessons, students participate in studio classes throughout the semester to share their progress with fellow studio members and to prepare themselves for the Studio Recital at the conclusion of each semester. The studio strives to turn musically inclined students into competent and capable musicians who possess the ability and confidence to be active artists in their community and to lead a life steeped in music.
Fall Concert: Crown of Gamma
Thursday, December 4 (NEW, ADDED DATE) & Friday, December 5, 7:30pm - Campana Chapel
Pre-concert talk with Mr. Elliot Sheedy and Dr. Peter Fischer at 7:00pm
Screening scenes from the film Crown of Gamma by Pitt-Greensburg graduate Elliot Sheedy, with music of the soundtrack performed live. And featuring the world premiere of Shine by Dr. Peter Fischer, written for the Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and the film.
- Holst: In Youth is Pleasure / There Was A Tree / I Love My Love
- Djawadi: The Rains of Castamere / Game of Thrones Main Theme
- Stroope: Lamentations of Jeremiah
- Pärt: Tribute to Caesar / Magnificat
- Fisher: Shine
Click here to view the Fall Concert live
on Friday, December 5 at 7:30 p.m.
Please note: This live stream works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. You may experience difficulty viewing the presentation using Internet Explorer.
See the Calendar page for full listing of our 2014-2015 performances
About Music at Pitt-Greensburg
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg features three concert series in Campana Chapel.
- Pitt-Greensburg Chorale and Chamber Singers: Pitt-Greensburg's featured student choral ensembles
- Joan Chambers Concert Series: Local, national, and international artists appearing in memory of ardent Pitt-Greensburg supporter Joan Chambers
- Friday Evening Music Club: A community of area performers and audience dedicated to creating and sharing in great artistic performance and camaraderie
All performances begin at 7:30pm. Performances are free and open to the public; see Admission page for more info about donations to ensembles and series at the concert venue.
Help support Music at Pitt-Greensburg: Donate online at http://www.greensburg.pitt.edu/about/giving/support-us; be sure to specify Music at Pitt-Greensburg and/or a specific concert series you would like to support. Thanks so much for helping to sustain our concert series.