If you are or plan to be a new student at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg you will need to complete the following steps to be considered for and receive need-based financial aid.
- Apply for admissions to the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg by completing the Application for Admissions. You cannot be considered for financial aid until you have been admitted.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Prospective freshmen students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA by March 1.
- If requested by our office, complete and return a Financial Aid Federal Verification Form.
- If requested by our office, submit parents’ and student’s official IRS Tax Transcripts. You can request a tax transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 or by visiting www.irs.gov and clicking on "order a transcript".
- Complete and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Federal Direct Stafford Loan.
- Complete the application for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan at www.studentloans.gov or other Private Alternative Loan by August 1. Complete, sign and return, to the lender, required Promissory Notes and all required paperwork.
- Complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov by July 1 if you have been awarded funds from the Federal Direct Stafford Loan program and at www.ecsi.net if you have been award Federal Perkins Loan funds.
No loan funds will be disbursed to you until the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note have been completed.