Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! We have compiled some information that you will need in order to be eligible to graduate. This information is intended as a guideline for those students who are graduating in August 2014, December 2014, April 2015, and August 2015.
Next Commencement Ceremony: April 25, 2015
11:00am, Ridilla Field
(Rain Location - Chambers Hall)
Step 1: Make sure you meet with your advisor to fill out your degree audit and apply for graduation. This is your official way of notifying the university that you plan to graduate and is your responsibility. If you miss this important step, you will NOT graduate or receive your diploma! For Spring graduates, the deadline to apply for Spring graduation is January 30, 2015. You need to apply whether you plan to participate in the ceremony or not. Anyone applying after this date will be assessed a late fee and will not receive their diploma until this fee is paid.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are graduating in December, it is very important that you update your email address (your Pitt email account will soon be deactivated) and your mailing address. ALL eligible graduates should include a non-Pitt email address and mailing address when they apply for graduation.
Step 2: RSVP to walk in the Ceremony. Eligible graduates can follow the link below to RSVP online and request your tickets. While graduates walking in the ceremony do not need a ticket, all other guests, including small children and legacy presenters, must have a ticket. Each student may request six (6) tickets for an outdoor ceremony and three (3) for an indoor ceremony. We cannot offer extra tickets due to space restrictions. The RSVP deadline is SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2015.
GRADUATION COUNTDOWN is on Friday, January 23, 11am-2pm in Chambers Hall. Stop by and RSVP to walk in the ceremony, talk to Alumni Affairs, Career Services, or Academic Advising. All students who have RSVP'd by January 31 will have a chance to win three additional tickets to the ceremony!
Step 3: In mid/late January, information will be sent out to all students who have applied for graduation via your email and mailing addresses that were listed when you applied. It is important that you read through ALL of the information you are given. This information will go over how to purchase regalia, graduation announcements, diploma frames or class rings, as well as specific details for the ceremony itself. If you have any questions please email Sherra Moors or call 724-836-7743. Please know that it is easiest if YOU call/email with questions as we cannot give out some information to parents due to privacy laws.
Step 4: Check this website and your mail/email for more information about the ceremony as it gets closer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why didn’t I receive information about graduation? It is your responsibility to let the university know that you plan to graduate. If you do not do this, we will not know to send you information. See your advisor to apply.
- How many tickets can I request for the ceremony? This will be determined by the number of students who are graduating. Typically, for an outdoor ceremony, you will receive six tickets and for an indoor ceremony you will receive two or three.
- When and how will I get the tickets? Tickets will be available for pickup a few weeks before the ceremony. Tickets must be picked up in person by students. In the case of students that are abroad, student teachers or August/December graduates, please email Sherra Moors or call 724-836-7743 to make arrangements.
- Can I get extra tickets? All eligible graduates will be notified via email if there are extra tickets available and how to request them. There is no guarantee that extra tickets will be available.
- How do I get my diploma? At the ceremony, you will receive your diploma cover. It will be empty. Once your final semester grades are calculated, you will receive your diploma in the mail.
- Is the rehearsal mandatory? Anyone planning on participating in the ceremony should plan on attending the rehearsal. This will be your last chance to verify honors and name pronunciation. We will also go over how to line up, the processional, and recessional as well as steps for Legacy presenters.
- How long does the ceremony take? The ceremony typically lasts about 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the number of students participating in the ceremony.
- Where is the ceremony held? The ceremony will either be held in the gym in Chambers Hall or Ridilla Field behind Millstein library depending on the weather. A message will be posted on Pitt Greensburg’s website on the Thursday before the ceremony letting you know where it will be held.
- Where do I get my honors cords? You will receive your honors cords when you cross the stage at the commencement ceremony.
- Do I get anything for being in an honor society? Your honor society advisor will provide you with the appropriate regalia prior to the ceremony.
Important Graduation Information
If your address has changed or will soon change, please be sure to contact Academic Advising at 724-836-9940.
All information for faculty and staff will be posted in mid/late January, including the link to RSVP. The deadline for Faculty and staff to RSVP is March 29, 2015.
Contact Sherra Moors at 724-836-7743 or email@example.com.