A warm welcome to our both our incoming freshman and our returning upperclass students!
Have a great semester!
There are only
Spring 2015 Commencement Ceremony took place April 25, 2015
Details for the next Commencement ceremony will be available at the start of the Fall semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why didn’t I receive information about graduation? It is your responsibility to let the university know that you plan to graduate. If you do not do this, we will not know to send you information. See your academic advisor to apply. *An application to graduate is NOT an RSVP to participate in the commencement ceremony; they are two separate processes.
- How many tickets can I request for the ceremony? This will be determined by the number of students who are graduating. Typically, for an outdoor ceremony, you will receive six tickets and for an indoor ceremony you will receive two or three tickets.
- When and how will I get the tickets? Tickets will be available for pickup a few weeks before the ceremony. Tickets must be picked up in person by students. In the case of students that are abroad, student teachers or August/December graduates, please email Sherra Moors or call 724-836-7743 to make arrangements.
- Can I get extra tickets? An announcment will be made via email if there are extra tickets available and how to request them. There is no guarantee that extra tickets will be available.
- Is the rehearsal mandatory? Anyone planning on participating in the ceremony should plan on attending the rehearsal. This will be your last chance to verify honors and name pronunciation. We will also go over how to line up, the processional, and recessional as well as steps for Legacy presenters.
- How long does the ceremony take? The ceremony typically lasts about 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the number of students participating in the ceremony.
- Where is the ceremony held? The ceremony will either be held in the gym in Chambers Hall or Ridilla Field behind Millstein library depending on the weather. A message will be posted on Pitt Greensburg’s website adn send to the campus community on the Thursday before the ceremony letting everyone know where it will be held.
- Where do I get my honors cords? You will receive your honors cords when you cross the stage at the commencement ceremony.
- Do I get anything for being in an honor society? Your honor society advisor will provide you with the appropriate regalia prior to the ceremony.
- How do I get my diploma? At the ceremony, you will receive your diploma cover. It will be empty. Once your final semester grades are calculated, you will receive your diploma in the mail a few weeks after the semester ends.
Email and Mailing Address Changes:
If your mailing address has changed or will soon change, please be sure to contact Academic Advising at 724-836-9940.
Beginning with spring 2015 graduates, graduating students will be able to keep their My Pitt Email mailbox, including all of the contents within it, for as long as they like. Visit http://www.technology.pitt.edu/service/alumni-accounts-and-email for more information.
All questions related to graduation can be directed to Sherra Moors at 724-836-7743 or firstname.lastname@example.org.