Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg!
Next Commencement Ceremony: April 25, 2015
11:00am, Ridilla Field
(Rain Location - Chambers Hall)
The RSVP deadline for students was SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2015, which we extended until noon on Friday, March 20. At this time, any graduation-eligible students who are interested in participating in the ceremony must contact Sherra Moors ( or 724-836-7743) as soon as possible.
Ticket pickup will be on Wednesday and Thursday, March 25 and 26, from 11:00am until 1:00pm in Chambers Hall. If you are unable to make it to Chambers Hall during those times, you may come to the second floor of Lynch Hall, room 207, between 2:00pm and 5:00pm on Wednesday and Thursday, or between 9:00am and 5:00pm on Friday, March 27. Students may also designate a friend or family member to pick up the tickets. An email with the designee's name must be sent to Sherra Moors ( ).
While graduates walking in the ceremony do not need a ticket, all other guests, including small children and legacy presenters, must have a ticket. Each student was able to request six (6) tickets for an outdoor ceremony and three (3) for an indoor ceremony. We will email all students on Friday, April 3 if we are able to offer additional tickets.
Important Graduation Information
- Academic Attire
- Ticket Information
- PGAA New Alumni Reception & Rehearsal
- Parent Appreciation Dinner
- Legacy Presentation
- Pitt Degree Contest
- Photography & Commemorative DVD
- Graduation Merchandise (Announcements, Class Rings, Diploma Frames)
- Flowers & Commemorative T-Shirt
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Degreed Staff are invited to participate in the Graduation Ceremony and celebrate with the students and their families. If you plan on attending, please RSVP by Sunday, March 29, 2015. If you are interested in purchasing regalia, please contact the Book Store. If you intend to borrow regalia, be sure to indicate that in your RSVP.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why didn’t I receive information about graduation? It is your responsibility to let the university know that you plan to graduate. If you do not do this, we will not know to send you information. See your advisor to apply.
- How many tickets can I request for the ceremony? This will be determined by the number of students who are graduating. Typically, for an outdoor ceremony, you will receive six tickets and for an indoor ceremony you will receive two or three.
- When and how will I get the tickets? Tickets will be available for pickup a few weeks before the ceremony. Tickets must be picked up in person by students. In the case of students that are abroad, student teachers or August/December graduates, please email Sherra Moors or call 724-836-7743 to make arrangements.
- Can I get extra tickets? All eligible graduates will be notified via email if there are extra tickets available and how to request them. There is no guarantee that extra tickets will be available.
- How do I get my diploma? At the ceremony, you will receive your diploma cover. It will be empty. Once your final semester grades are calculated, you will receive your diploma in the mail.
- Is the rehearsal mandatory? Anyone planning on participating in the ceremony should plan on attending the rehearsal. This will be your last chance to verify honors and name pronunciation. We will also go over how to line up, the processional, and recessional as well as steps for Legacy presenters.
- How long does the ceremony take? The ceremony typically lasts about 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the number of students participating in the ceremony.
- Where is the ceremony held? The ceremony will either be held in the gym in Chambers Hall or Ridilla Field behind Millstein library depending on the weather. A message will be posted on Pitt Greensburg’s website on the Thursday before the ceremony letting you know where it will be held.
- Where do I get my honors cords? You will receive your honors cords when you cross the stage at the commencement ceremony.
- Do I get anything for being in an honor society? Your honor society advisor will provide you with the appropriate regalia prior to the ceremony.
If your address has changed or will soon change, please be sure to contact Academic Advising at 724-836-9940.
If you graduated in December, it is very important that you update your email address (your Pitt email account will soon be deactivated) and your mailing address. ALL eligible graduates should include a non-Pitt email address and mailing address when they apply for graduation.
All questions related to graduation can be directed to Sherra Moors at 724-836-7743 or firstname.lastname@example.org.