Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg!
Next Commencement Ceremony: April 25, 2015
11:00am, Ridilla Field
(Rain Location - Chambers Hall)
STUDENTS: Make sure you have met with your advisor to fill out your degree audit and apply for graduation. For Spring graduates, the deadline to apply for Spring graduation was January 30, 2015. You need to apply whether you plan to participate in the ceremony or not. Anyone applying after this date will be assessed a late fee and will not receive their diploma until this fee is paid.
Planning to walk in the Commencement Ceremony? All students must RSVP.
Eligible graduates can follow the link below to RSVP online and request your tickets. While graduates walking in the ceremony do not need a ticket, all other guests, including small children and legacy presenters, must have a ticket. Each student may request six (6) tickets for an outdoor ceremony and three (3) for an indoor ceremony. We cannot offer extra tickets due to space restrictions. The RSVP deadline for students is SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2015.
Important Graduation Information
- Academic Attire
- Ticket Information
- PGAA New Alumni Reception & Rehearsal
- Parent Appreciation Dinner
- Legacy Presentation
- Pitt Degree Contest
- Photography & Commemorative DVD
- Graduation Merchandise (Announcements, Class Rings, Diploma Frames)
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Degreed Staff are invited to participate in the Graduation Ceremony and celebrate with the students and their families. If you plan on attending, please RSVP by Sunday, March 29, 2015. If you are interested in purchasing regalia, please contact the Book Store. If you intend to borrow regalia, be sure to indicate that in your RSVP.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why didn’t I receive information about graduation? It is your responsibility to let the university know that you plan to graduate. If you do not do this, we will not know to send you information. See your advisor to apply.
- How many tickets can I request for the ceremony? This will be determined by the number of students who are graduating. Typically, for an outdoor ceremony, you will receive six tickets and for an indoor ceremony you will receive two or three.
- When and how will I get the tickets? Tickets will be available for pickup a few weeks before the ceremony. Tickets must be picked up in person by students. In the case of students that are abroad, student teachers or August/December graduates, please email Sherra Moors or call 724-836-7743 to make arrangements.
- Can I get extra tickets? All eligible graduates will be notified via email if there are extra tickets available and how to request them. There is no guarantee that extra tickets will be available.
- How do I get my diploma? At the ceremony, you will receive your diploma cover. It will be empty. Once your final semester grades are calculated, you will receive your diploma in the mail.
- Is the rehearsal mandatory? Anyone planning on participating in the ceremony should plan on attending the rehearsal. This will be your last chance to verify honors and name pronunciation. We will also go over how to line up, the processional, and recessional as well as steps for Legacy presenters.
- How long does the ceremony take? The ceremony typically lasts about 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the number of students participating in the ceremony.
- Where is the ceremony held? The ceremony will either be held in the gym in Chambers Hall or Ridilla Field behind Millstein library depending on the weather. A message will be posted on Pitt Greensburg’s website on the Thursday before the ceremony letting you know where it will be held.
- Where do I get my honors cords? You will receive your honors cords when you cross the stage at the commencement ceremony.
- Do I get anything for being in an honor society? Your honor society advisor will provide you with the appropriate regalia prior to the ceremony.
If your address has changed or will soon change, please be sure to contact Academic Advising at 724-836-9940.
If you graduated in December, it is very important that you update your email address (your Pitt email account will soon be deactivated) and your mailing address. ALL eligible graduates should include a non-Pitt email address and mailing address when they apply for graduation.
All questions related to graduation can be directed to Sherra Moors at 724-836-7743 or email@example.com.