Sports Communication Internship Program
The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg Sports Information Office and Communication program announces a student internship program in Sports Communication. Placement in the Sports Communication Internship will enable students to gain valuable knowledge and skills working in all aspects of sports journalism/media communication. The internship is offered through the Pitt-Greensburg Sports Information Office. The internship will enable motivated students the opportunity to earn University academic credit while gaining hands on experience in the following areas:
- Radio Broadcast (Live Sports Events)
- Online Webcasts (Video of Live Sports Events)
- Video Editing (Highlights of Pitt-Greensburg Athletic Events)
- Event Promotion and Marketing
- Public Announcing
- Sports Information (Media Relations, Statistics, Web Maintenance, Leadership)
If you are interested in the Sports Communication Internship Program, please contact Dr. John Prellwitz.
Explore the successful internship experiences completed by the following Communication students - and learn more about finding an internship!
- Greta Bergman (Blackburn Center)
- Ella Buchanan (City of Greensburg)
- Francesca DeCarlo (Pitt-Greensburg Athletics: Sports Information Department)
- Francesca DeCarlo (Greensburg Hempfield Area Library)
- Breann DeMoss (Pitt-Greensburg Admissions)
- Hayley Frye (West Central Equipment)
- Jared Hoffman (PITT OHIO)
- Madeline Jackson (Community Care, Inc.)
- Sadie Presto (YWCA Westmoreland County)
- Chloe Seiler (Diocese of Greensburg)
Lambda Pi Eta (Epsilon Theta Chapter) is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). NCA is our nation’s largest organization of researchers, educators, and professionals working to advance understanding of all forms of human communication. Epsilon Theta is the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg chapter of Lambda Pi Eta. Our chapter hosts speakers, holds events, conducts fund raising, and pursues opportunities to enhance service and scholarship in Communication that enriches our major, University campus, and surrounding communities. If you are interested in Lambda Pi Eta, please contact Dr. Anne Czerwinski.
Pitt-Greensburg Media was founded in 2013 by a committed group of students, faculty, and staff to promote multimedia storytelling and media production on our campus. To this end, we have organized student-led recordings of various campus events including concerts, theatrical performances, lectures, and a series of fiction and poetry readings and interviews with local and nationally recognized writers and filmmakers. Faculty and students have also branched out to create community partnerships with numerous organizations within Westmoreland County and the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Watch videos we created to raise awareness and help tell the stories of persons with intellectual disabilities through a partnership with the Westmoreland County Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.
- Watch a preview of a 30-minute documentary video we produced in the mountains of San Jose Del Negrito, Honduras for Shoulder-to-Shoulder Pittsburgh, a medical relief and community development non-profit organization.
Pitt-Greensburg Media is currently developing videos and projects for the Home Care & Hospice division of Excela Health as well as creating community partnerships with the Blackburn Center and the Westmoreland Cultural Trust. If you are interested in Pitt-Greensburg Media, please contact Dr. John Prellwitz.
Alumni have pursued graduate study in many fields including:
- • Communication
- • Law
- • Public Policy
- • Public Health
- • Library and Information Science
- • Business
- • Education
- • Healthcare Management
- and more.
- Pitt-Greensburg Honors Program
- Pitt-Greensburg Green Scholars (proposed research with individual faculty members)
- Pitt-Greensburg Center for Applied Research
- Pitt-Greensburg Undergraduate Research and Creativity Spotlight