With a Management degree, you can work in areas such as:
- • Project management
- • Logistics
- • Marketing and sales
- • Administration
- • Recruiting/staffing
- • Executive search firms
- • Inventory control
- • Quality assurance
- • Corporate finance
- • Mortgage loans
- • Insurance claims and underwriting
Explore the successful internship experiences completed by the following Management students - and learn more about finding an internship!
- Hannah Baker (Movers Specialty Service)
- Emily Bevington (Hempfield Area High School)
- Adali Deiss (Senior Helpers)
- Hanna Harshell (Pet Friends Inc.)
- Jamie Henry (Hampton Inn)
- Lydia Kepple (Northwestern Mutual)
- Brady Kingston (Enterprise)
- Alexis Loughner (Philips)
- Rachel Obeldobel (PNC Bank)
- Melissa Paravate (Smith Micro Software)
- Melissa Paravate (City of Greensburg)
- Imani Thompson (Philadelphia Housing Authority)
Management majors may consider joining the Accounting and Business Club. More information >>
Graduate School Guarantee — University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School of Business
Master of Science in Accounting
More information on Pitt graduate school guarantees >>
- Apply for freshman admission to a regional campus as a business major.
- Be in top 10% of high school graduating class and score 1350 or higher on SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 31 ACT.
- Students who do not attend high schools that rank but who have an "A" average in high school, and who score 1350 or higher on the SAT, will be considered.
- Earn a business degree as a full-time undergraduate student at a University of Pittsburgh regional campus.
- Earn a cumulative GPA at the University of Pittsburgh of at least 3.50.
- For enrollment in the MBA program, you must achieve a score of 630 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) within three years prior to enrollment, have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, and participate in a successful interview by the MBA admissions team. Students must apply to the full-time or part-time MBA program after graduation from a regional campus.
- The GMAT is waived for the MS in accounting program. Students must apply to the MS in accounting program during their senior year in business at a regional campus or after graduation from business.
- The offer of guaranteed admission for the MBA or MS in accounting program remains in effect for five years after graduation from a business major at a regional campus.
- More information about the Katz Graduate School of Business >>
Management majors have the option to Study Abroad through Pitt’s Global Business Institute. Destinations include:
- London, England
- Sydney, Australia
- Florence, Italy
- Shanghai, China
Full time internships are also available in
- Berlin, Germany
- Madrid, Spain
- Paris, France
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Dublin, Ireland
Students can get real-life experiences in how management processes differ from the norm in their home country.