Pitt Mobile is here for Pitt-Greensburg Alumni!
Maintain your connections to your alma mater and get involved in countless ways through the official university app!
Pitt-Greensburg Alumni can now use the Pitt Mobile app to:
- Share good news in their professional/personal lives.
- Keep informed about University and Alumni Association happenings.
- Find and register for volunteer opportunities.
- Access free resources via Pitt-Greensburg Career Services.
- and more!
Get the Free Pitt Mobile App
|The minimum requirements for the app are Android version 4.0 or iOS 10.0 on iPhone, iPad, or iPad Touch.|
Profiles and Messaging: Class of 2015 to present
Starting with the Class of 2015, the University of Pittsburgh has enabled graduates to maintain their university computing accounts.
As a result, alumni from 2015 will have the additional ability within the Pitt Mobile app to:
- Create a personal profile.
- Add and message fellow alumni as friends.
Unfortunately, these additional services are not accessible to pre-Class of '15 alum at this time - but ALL alumni are able to access the app and use the general alumni resources!
Instructions for use
- Install the app from the iOS App Store or Google Play, and once downloaded, open the app on your phone.
- Tap 'Get Started.' You will be prompted to select your Campus (Greensburg!) and Experience (Alumni).
- Use the navigation buttons to explore the app resources/tools!
ALL Pitt-Greensburg alumni have access to the resources under the second icon (shaped like monument, see above).
Please note: Only alumni from the Class of 2015 - present who have retained their University of Pittsburgh computing account have access to the features under the first, third, fourth, and fifth icons.
For Class of 2015 to present: Profile setup
- After following the three steps above, tap the fifth icon at the bottom of your screen (shaped like person, see below):
- You will be prompted to enter your University login information. Instructions will guide you through the setup of your personal profile.
- Once created, tap 'My Friends' (located under the same person icon). You may search by name for individuals who use the app, add them as friends, and send messages to them within the app!
- Home* – Add your favorite/most used Pitt apps/resources to your homescreen and reorder them as you like! Add the Pitt-Greensburg events calendar to your in-app calendar, and connect your personal calendars so everything shows up in one place!
- Resources – Helpful apps and campus resources/information for Pitt-Greensburg alumni! Remember, what appears in this area is based on the 'Experience' selection you made above. You can always change your Experience if you made a mistake under the Profile button.
- Messaging* – Here you can message other users who have downloaded the app. Communicate quickly and effectively with your friends, roommates, and colleagues!
- Notifications* – Here you'll receive in-app notifications from Pitt-Greensburg and other communities you've subscribed to.
- Profile* – Set up your own personal profile within the app so that people know who you are! Here you can also make changes to your app Experience, easily contact your friends, and access your groups and upcoming events.
*These sections are only available to alumni from the Class of 2015 - present who have retained their University of Pittsburgh computing account.
Questions about Pitt Mobile? Contact us!