(Message posted August 17, 2020)
Dear Pitt-Greensburg Students and Families:
I have important news to share. On Monday, August 24, our campus will move to the Guarded Risk Operating Posture. This has important implications for teaching and learning. Here are the key points associated with this change that will likely impact you:
- Instruction during the period of Wednesday, August 19 to Friday, August 21 will still be fully remote.
- Beginning Monday, August 24, many classes will be available in person. Students will retain the option to come to class on campus or use remote technology.
- Campus housing and dining services will continue to operate with all safety protocols in place.
- The Millstein Library, computer labs, and student lounges and study spaces will be open, with all safety protocols in place.
- Per the state’s targeted mitigation measures: Indoor gatherings of more than 25 are prohibited; outdoor gatherings of more than 250 are prohibited. This does not apply to classes or dining facilities, but does apply to all other gatherings.
More information will be shared this week regarding this change in status.
I wish you all the best for a fulfilling fall semester and a 2020-21 academic year full of accomplishment.
Dr. Robert Gregerson
President, University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg