- If you currently attend counseling sessions at the Counseling Center, your therapist will contact you by email to determine the best plan for your ongoing treatment. Video and phone sessions will be scheduled, intact sessions. Texting and email options will not necessarily be uninterrupted conversations. We cannot guarantee that we can reply immediately.
- If you meet with graduate Intern Megan Atkinson, her internship has been ended by her graduate school, so she will not be able to continue working with students. She will reach out to you to say goodbye and to discuss options for alternate support services.
- If you want to schedule your first appointment at the Counseling Center, or you were seen on campus in the past and want to resume counseling, please call 724-836-9917 or email GbgCounseling@pitt.edu to make an appointment. This will be a 45-50 minute conversation via whichever medium you prefer, so we are still scheduling specific appointment times.
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need to be seen immediately, call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room. The Counseling Center cannot guarantee accessible crisis intervention in this current, remote status.
- Since Stress Less Day is cancelled, we promise to bring the therapy dogs back early in the fall semester!
For Faculty and Staff
We are available to consult with faculty and staff regarding:
- Students you are concerned about for any reason. Please reach out to us by email initially. We will respond and can share other contact information at that time.
- Resources for coping with the COVID-19 situation for students.
- Resources for coping with the COVID-19 situation for yourselves and your loved ones.
Please take care of you mental health as you adapt to the requirements for your physical health!