Bachelor of Science
The Management major is a modern business program, emphasizing the management of individuals and groups within the business organization and the quantitative and analytical methods required in decision making.
- Course Descriptions
- General Degree Requirements
- Printable Distribution of Credits Checklist
- Printable Program Requirements Sheet
Graduate School Guarantee — Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Katz Graduate School of Business
MORE INFORMATION ON PITT-GREENSBURG GRADUATE SCHOOL GUARANTEES
- Apply for freshman admission to a regional campus as a business major.
- Be in top 10% of high school graduating class and score 1350 or higher on SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 31 ACT.
- Students who do not attend high schools that rank but who have an "A" average in high school, and who score 1350 or higher on the SAT, will be considered.
- Earn a business degree as a full-time undergraduate student at a University of Pittsburgh regional campus.
- Earn a cumulative GPA at the University of Pittsburgh of at least 3.50.
- For enrollment in the MBA program, you must achieve a score of 630 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) within three years prior to enrollment, have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience, and participate in a successful interview by the MBA admissions team. Students must apply to the full-time or part-time MBA program after graduation from a regional campus.
- The GMAT is waived for the MS in accounting program. Students must apply to the MS in accounting program during their senior year in business at a regional campus or after graduation from business.
- The offer of guaranteed admission for the MBA or MS in accounting program remains in effect for five years after graduation from a business major at a regional campus.
- For information about the Katz Graduate School of Business, go to www.katz.pitt.edu
Core Management Courses 6 courses - 18 credits
|MGMT 0022||Financial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 0023||Managerial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 1818||Management Science||3|
|MGMT 1819||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|MGMT 1820||Operations Management||3|
|INFSCI 0010||Introduction to Information Systems and Society||3|
Management Concentration 5 courses - 15 credits
|MGMT 1125||Business Economics||3|
|MGMT 1821||Introduction to Finance||3|
|MGMT 1832||Human Resources Management||3|
|MGMT 1843||Law of Business Organizations||3|
|MGMT 1861||Management Policy and Administration||3|
Electives 4 courses - 12 credits
Take an additional four courses in Management, Accounting, Information Science or another course from the approved elective list. See an Advisor for details.
Additional Requirements 1 course - 3 credits
After earning 90 credits, and fulfilling each course within the core, all Management majors must take MGMT 1950 - Senior Project for Management to fulfill the capstone course requirement.
Liberal Arts Courses
Management majors must take the following courses used to satisfy the General Education requirements. *Some of the courses listed below may have prerequisites.
|MATH 0120||Business Calculus*|
|ECON 0100||Introduction to Microeconomic Theory|
|ECON 0110||Introduction to Macroeconomic Theory|
|PHIL 1380||Business Ethics|
|PSY 0680||Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology*|
|STAT 1100||Statistics and Probability for Business Management*|
|ENGCMP 0031||Business Writing|