Candidates for Full-time Admission Must
- Complete and return the full-time application form with a nonrefundable $45 application fee.
- Request an official copy of your high school transcript, including class rank*, be sent to the Pitt-Greensburg Admissions Office.
- Submit scores of either the SAT or ACT.
*NOTE: Some high schools do not rank students in which case the rank will not be included on the transcript.
Requirements for Full-time Admission
Applicants for full-time admission should have completed:
- A minimum of 15 units in college preparatory courses, taken in grades 9 through 12 including:
- Four units of English
- One unit of algebra I
- One unit of plane geometry or algebra II
- One unit of history
- One unit of a laboratory science
- Four units of academic electives
*A unit refers to one year of study in high school.
The Admissions Office strongly recommends that students take the following high school courses:
- Three or four years of mathematics in high school (including two years of algebra)
- Two or three years of science
- Two or three years of history or other social studies
- Four years of a single foreign language. Students who complete four years of a single foreign language (with a grade of at least C or 70%) are exempt from taking a foreign language at Pitt-Greensburg. Foreign language competency (either through coursework or exemption) is required for graduation from Pitt-Greensburg. Pitt-Greensburg offers Spanish, French, German, and Chinese. Cross-registration for American Sign Language through Westmoreland County Community College is also available. Speak with an advisor for details.
Students interested in engineering should have taken the following high school courses:
- Two years of algebra
- One half year of trigonometry
- One year of plane geometry, chemistry and physics
- In addition, calculus and computer science are recommended
- Engineering students are exempt from taking a foreign language course at Pitt-Greensburg.
Candidates for Part-time Admission Must
- Complete and return the part-time application form with a nonrefundable $45 application fee
- Request that an official copy of your high school transcript or original GED score be sent to the Pitt-Greensburg Admissions Office.
Requirements for Part-time Admission
Courses may be taken for credit toward a degree or on a non-degree basis. Part-time admission to degree programs is open to high school graduates or those who hold a GED. While no specific high school preparation is required, the following secondary school subjects are recommended:
- Four years of English
- Three years of a foreign language
- Three years of history and social studies
- One year of algebra
- One year of plane geometry
- One year of physics, chemistry or biology
Note: Applicants with incomplete high school preparation may qualify for admission by taking the professional Examination given by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and earning a high school equivalency certificate (GED).
Part-time students who plan to apply for federal and/or state financial aid, or who plan to become full-time at some point should also submit an official high school transcript.