Computer won’t connect to the internet? Need new software? Computing Services can help!
- Stop by 217a Cassell Hall
- Call 724-836-9925
- Submit a Computing Services Request
(If you need immediate help outside Cassell Hall hours, contact the University's help desk at 412-624-HELP.)
Cassell Hall Hours
The Cassell Hall Computer Center (FACH 113) is open:
- Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 11pm
- Friday 7:30am - 5pm
- Saturday 8:30am - 5pm
- Sunday 5pm - 11pm
Student Computer Services
Pitt students can get free software from the software download site, that includes:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows 10 Education
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
The technicians on campus can help troubleshoot your desktop, laptop, smart phone, tablet, etc. This includes repairs as well as connecting to the campus network. These services are included with your tuition, so no additional cost is required when visiting us.
The residence halls have wireless internet access but students can also request a wired network port be activated in their room or apartment.
Pitt-Greensburg has wireless network access in all buildings on campus.
Please refer to the following document for instructions on printing materials on campus. Instructions for students >>
Access to Personal and Public Documents Shared Folders
All faculty and staff should have access to their own personal network drives (typically the N: drive) and the GBG Public Documents Shared folder (typically the W: drive)
- Windows users need only look in their file explorer and look for the N: and W: drives
- Apple users will need to map these drives on their machines. Instructions can be found here
If you need further assistance, our technicians will be happy to help you.