The Academic Experience
The University Preview Program is designed for high school juniors and seniors who wish to complete college courses through dual enrollment while in high school. Students may enroll in one course per semester at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg, either during the academic year and/or in the summer.
- Students are engaged in the actual college classroom experience, benefitting from the expertise of college faculty.
- Students are assigned an Academic Advisor who works specifically with University Preview students.
- Credit earned for each course is applicable to a Pitt-Greensburg 4-year degree program or are accepted for transfer at most colleges and universities, contingent upon the grade you earn and the credit transfer policies at the institution receiving the credits.
- Courses offered are at the introductory level and may be used to satisfy your high school requirements.
- Complete and submit the Pitt-Greensburg application for undergraduate admission. Students may submit a paper application or apply on-line.
- The high school guidance counselor or principal must complete the High School Recommendation Form and submit it, along with your high school transcript.
- Parent or Guardian permission is required.
- All materials should be sent to:
University of Pittsburgh Greensburg
Office of Admissions
150 Finoli Drive
Greensburg, PA 15601
- Once all application materials are submitted, the application is evaluated for an admissions decision.
- When admitted, students must contact the University Preview Academic Advisor at 724-836-9940 to schedule their class. Note: When admitted to an online (asynchronous course), please contact the Office of Community Outreach at 724-836-7761.
- One 3-credit course is permitted per semester.
Program Costs and Fees
Tuition for courses taken through the University Preview Program is currently $75/credit. All courses offered within this program are 3-credit courses. This is a significant savings over the current Pitt rate for a 3-credit course.
Other fees include $25 for a parking permit.
Students are responsible for all books and supplies.
One 3-credit course:
Parking Fee Fees: $25 (if taken in person)
Total: $250 plus books and supplies
Please find a complete list of courses (including course day and time) here.