Welcome Week has numerous events to help you become familiar with the people and places at Pitt-Greensburg, so please plan on participating. In addition to the events listed below, there will be activities each evening sponsored by the Student Activities Board.
2021 Tentative Welcome Week Schedule
- On Sunday, August 22nd new resident students will check-in and move their belongings into their rooms. Each resident student will receive an email with more information.
- On Monday, August 23rd new commuter students will check-in, pick up their ID cards and other information, and will have the opportunity to take a tour of campus with their Commuter Mentor. Each commuter student will have an assigned time to check-in on this day, which will be listed on their Commuter Mentor profile that they will receive in the mail.
- On Monday, August 23rd there will also be First-Year Student Convocation, which is a formal welcome into the University community. This event is held in the late afternoon. Family members will also be able to view this ceremony virtually. Students will receive more information regarding this ceremony in an email.
- On Tuesday, August 24th all first-year students are required to attend the educational sessions that take place from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in order to fulfill a requirement for their Cornerstone/Seminar course. Specific information about these sessions will be emailed to students.
- On Wednesday, August 25th we transport all first-year students on fun day trips! Traditionally, we have gone to a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball game, Kennywood Amusement Park, the Renaissance Festival, the Pittsburgh Zoo & Aquarium, Station Square, the Heinz History Center, and other fun places. These trips are free and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Also on Thursday, August 26th, all first-year students (residents and commuters) are invited to The Big Bang. The Big Bang is a tradition at Pitt-Greensburg on the evening prior to classes. Upperclassmen will join you in enjoying a great BBQ dinner, carnival games, music, and a spectacular fireworks display.
- A finalized Welcome Week schedule will be emailed to you in early August!