The Honors Program at Pitt-Greensburg was established to enrich students' college experience and to provide special recognition for their academic talents.
Eligibility and Requirements
Students may apply to participate in the program at any point during their academic career.
- Current Pitt-Greensburg students must hold a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Incoming Pitt-Greensburg students must fall in the top 10% of their graduating class.
- Honors Students are required to enroll in at least one Honors section per academic year or participate in an active learning project.
- Honors Students must maintain a 3.5 overall GPA and must have a 3.5 GPA by the time of graduation in order to graduate with Honors Program recognition.
Life as an Honors Student
Honors Students maintain their eligibility by earning Honors Credits - achieved by taking honors courses or engaging in active learning projects, such as planning events in coordination with the Academic Village.
An Honors Program transcript will be maintained by the Academic Village, tracking students' honors courses and learning projects. The Honors Program Committee and/or the Academic Village, in coordination with Honors Students will plan events of interest to Honors Students.
Special Opportunities and Recognition
Honors Students who maintain the designated requirements of the program:
- receive guaranteed housing in Honors Program Suite in the Academic Village, if desired.
- receive the Pitt-Greensburg Honors Graduate Recognition at graduation.
- enjoy close mentoring relationships with Honors Program faculty throughout their time at Pitt-Greensburg.
- are provided opportunities for academic travel and Pitt-Greensburg faculty-directed study abroad programming.
First Year Honors Students will have the opportunity of participating in a first year honors seminar, where they will form connections with fellow Honors Students and faculty (not applicable for fall 2020).
How to Apply
Students - complete the Honors Program Application >>
List of Honors Designated Courses
Current Honors Designated Courses - Instructors for these courses have indicated that they are willing to work with students to provide an honors designation for the listed courses. Students must still request the designation from the instructor and both must complete the Honors Course Agreement (see below). Note that a course does not have to be listed here to be eligible for an honors designation.