The Power of One Connection
A degree in Communication prepares you to pursue jobs across industries. You can apply theory and practical knowledge to everyday life. In our program, you will learn about rhetoric, persuasion, and the influence of media and technologies on how we communicate.
Explore communication across scenarios:
- • between individuals
- • in small groups
- • in workplaces
- • in socializing with families and friends
- • in communities
- • in culture
- • through film
- • on television
- • via social media
- and more.
A background in Communication fosters strong writing and speaking skills. These skills are valuable and sought after by employers across job sectors.
The courses you can select from provide opportunities for innovative and creative development. Assignments include:
- presenting individually or in groups to enhance your oral communication skills.
- developing communication strategies for local businesses and organizations.
- conducting robust research with guidance from a faculty member.
- designing infographics with the help of various software programs.
- creating mobile app prototypes to solve everyday problems.
Internships and clubs offer additional opportunities to put all you are learning into practical use.