Impact the Field of Education
Stand apart from other Teacher Education graduates. Build the experiences in the classroom to make you a confident, prepared teacher. We offer additional certifications and minor studies to strengthen your knowledge and skills. Our SPSEA supports each teacher candidate with
- professional development
- networking opportunities
- experiences with students
in order to make you a well-prepared teacher. We not only want you to be a highly qualified teacher. We want you to be a child advocate and impact the field of education.
The Education Department at Pitt-Greensburg offers
- Partnerships with local schools, providing real, experiential learning beginning your freshman year
- Innovative classes bridge theory and practice
- Inquiry-based learning
- Personalized attention from professors at a world renowned university
- Strong emphasis on science and math
- Pitt degree and teaching certificate in four years
Students who graduate from our program will earn their Pennsylvania Teaching certification. This certification is well-respected throughout the United States. It is reciprocal in many states. Highly qualified teachers are in demand around Pennsylvania and around the country.
Graduate School Guarantee — Master of Education (M.Ed.) or
the Master of Teaching (MAT) Programs
University of Pittsburgh School of Education
More information on Pitt-Greensburg graduate school guarantees >>
- Indicate Pre-Education on admissions application.
- Earn a 3.5 grade point average in high school and a minimum 1250 SAT (combined Critical Reading and Math) or 28 ACT.
- Maintain a 3.25 grade point average as a full-time undergraduate student at a regional campus. (Individual instances where a student's grade point average falls below 3.25 will be reviewed by the Dean of the School of Education).
- Attend a School of Education Information Session.
- Declare the specific teacher education program by the end of junior year.
- Complete all prerequisite courses for the teacher education specialty area.
- Candidates in foreign language must also attain a rating of at least Advanced Low on the OPI examination administered by ACTFL.
- Show evidence of substantial experience working or volunteering with children or adolescents as a teacher, tutor, camp counselor, etc.
- View information about the Graduate School of Education.