15 credits (5 courses)
Students interested in Theatre may choose to pursue a minor either to supplement the work in their majors or to fulfill the requirements for a related area within their majors. The minor in Theatre requires that students complete five courses for a total of 15 credits.
- Course Descriptions
- General Degree Requirements
- Printable Distribution of Credits Checklist
- Printable Program Requirements Sheet
Students can be involved in Theatre Arts at Pitt-Greensburg by:
- taking courses (both theoretical and practical)
- acting or working backstage on theatre productions
- joining student organizations: the Performing Arts Society and Delta Psi Omega (DPO), the national theatre honors society.
Most Theatre events are in the Ferguson Theater on the Pitt-Greensburg campus, unless otherwise noted.
Every semester: THEA 0100 Basic Stagecraft, THEA 0103 Theatre Practicum, and THEA 0104 Basic Acting.
THEA Every Fall semester: THEA 0805 Intro to Theatre Part 1
Every Spring semester: THEA 0806 Intro to Theatre Part 2
Every two years: THEA 0725: Women in Theatre
Fall 2019: THEA 0113 Advanced Acting
Spring 2020: COMM 0570 Independent Film
Fall 2020: THEA 0110 Drama on Film
Spring 2021: THEA 0104 Basic Acting
Fall 2012: Fall 2021: THEA 1365/ ENGWRT 1650 Playwrighting
Spring 2022: THEA 1115 Directing
For more information, contact Director Stephen A. Schrum at 724-836-7483.