Pitt-Greensburg is committed to providing an outstanding Pitt education at an affordable cost. We recognize the financial challenge associated with higher education and strive to make a Pitt-Greensburg experience attainable for our students.
We are also committed to welcoming the brightest students to Pitt-Greensburg where they will grow both personally and professionally working alongside our award-winning faculty, caring staff, and enthusiastic student body.
2023 Full-Tuition Scholarship Competition
** Applications must be in the Admissions Office by 4:00 PM on Friday, March 31, 2023.**
Pitt-Greensburg will award up to 3 full-tuition scholarships to freshmen students beginning their education in Fall 2023. This award will only cover tuition of up to 18 credits per semester (in-state rate) for up to 4 years if the student meets renewal criteria of 3.5 GPA each academic year. This prestigious scholarship has a value of over $54,000.
Criteria for Eligibility
Qualified students are invited to apply and participate in the competition. In order to be eligible, the student must meet the following criteria:
1. Admitted as a full-time freshman to Pitt-Greensburg.
2. Achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher (at time of application).
3. Be in the top 10-20% of graduating class, or 1st or 2nd decile (strongly recommended).
4. Curriculum will be evaluated for Honors, AP, or College in High School classes.
5. Any student entering the competition MUST be a United States citizen.
6. Exempt from this competition: Pre-Engineering students and dependent students of the University of Pittsburgh. UPMC dependent students are now eligible to compete. If awarded the full-tuition scholarship, students must forfeit their UPMC benefit.
Instructions for the Application
Students who meet these criteria are eligible to compete for a Full-Tuition Scholarship. Please follow the Application Instructions to apply. *Please note that no exceptions will be made to these instructions. Failure to adhere will result in disqualification.*
Finalists will be selected based on their application and essay and will be notified no later than Friday, April 7, 2023. If you are selected as a finalist, you will then be invited to participate in a Zoom interview the week of April 10, 2023. The winners will be notified by Friday, April 28, 2023.
Note: Full-tuition scholarship winners will forfeit the original merit scholarship offer made to them at the time of admission. Finalists who interview but are not selected to receive a full-tuition award may receive a small increase in their original scholarship offer.