A unique educational experience: study, develop, engage
Pitt Greensburg students who take advantage of study abroad get the opportunity to immerse themselves in another culture, gain valuable global skills, develop self-awareness, and enhance their undergraduate career by taking courses outside of the traditional classroom setting. An international experience now will impress potential employers and set you apart from the rest! While studying in another country presents some challenges, many agree that studying abroad can be one of the best parts of the college experience!
As part of the Pitt Study Abroad system, our students have the ability to choose from over 350+ programs, in one of 75+ countries, representing 107 majors. Students decide how long they want to study abroad - whether it's during the 1-week academic spring break, for a portion of the summer term, a fall or spring semester, or during the full academic year. The majority of our programs have no language requirements, but be sure to review the program's webpage from top to bottom for any prerequisites and for important information. Students may earn credit towards their degree for classes and internship experience they complete abroad: gen eds, general electives, minor, or major.
Financial aid and scholarships are available and may be applied to study abroad programs. Currently 100% of Greensburg students who apply for federal aid receive some type of scholarship or grant to study abroad.
You could study abroad as soon as the summer after your freshman year!
- Visit the on-campus Study Abroad Office in 120 Millstein Library* [*Note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Study Abroad Office is currently closed for in-person visits. All appointments are held virtually.]
- Set up a meeting with the Study Abroad Coordinator through Pathways:
- Login to Pathways
- Select Appointments > Schedule an Appointment
- Select Pitt Global as the Care Unit
- Select Greensburg Study Abroad - Virtual Appointments, select a date/time that works, and confirm!
- Explore your options by visiting the Pitt Study Abroad website.