SLICE Scholarship Activities
- Participate in Science Learning Community
- Attend Academic Orientation
- Enroll in STEMinar 1 & 2 (Traditional Students) or Transfer STEMinar (Transfer Students) - Seminar courses specifically designed for incoming STEM majors.
- Career Exploration Fieldtrips
- Journal Clubs
- Faculty Mentoring
- Developing Leadership Skills
- Capstone Research
- Attending and Presenting at Regional or National Conferences
SLICE Scholarship Extension Activities
Scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to participate in optional activities to tailor their program experiences to their specific needs and interests. These include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving Tutoring Services
- Job Shadowing, Internship Experiences
- Directed Independent Study
- Becoming a Teaching Assistant, Peer Mentor, or Tutor
- Becoming Involved with Professional Societies
- Joining Student Organizations
For additional information about the SLICE Program or to start a SLICE program at your institution, please email UPGSLICE@pitt.edu.
Support for the SLICE Scholarship program is being provided by the National Science Foundation Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) program under Award No. 2130102. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.