A major function of the Office of University Relations and Institutional Advancement (URIA) is to tell our many constituents about the great things that are happening here on campus and the great people who are doing them.
Information that you submit may be used in a variety of places so that parents, alumni, donors, friends, and the general public are aware of our activities and accomplishments. These include publications (both print and electronic) produced by URIA and the regional media, as appropriate.
This form can be used to submit information about:
- awards you have received/will be receiving;
- publications and articles you have authored and published;
- events on campus you are chairing/hosting/sponsoring;
- boards to which you have been named/elected;
- information to be shared with parents of Pitt-Greensburg students (Family E-Connection Newsletter);
- announcements for the general campus (intercom).
- announcements and information to be shared with alumni (Alumni E-Newsletter).
Please follow these guidelines when submitting the Publicity Request Form for events:
- Please submit this form at least two weeks before the starting date of the event.
- Please send any additional information important to the event (photos).
Please follow these guidelines when submitting the Publicity Request Form for awards, publications, etc.:
- Please submit this form as soon as possible upon hearing of the award or publication (ideally within a week of receiving notification).
- Please send any additional information important to the activity (press release from sponsoring organization, photo(s), scan of book cover, etc.)
Advertising for your event:
If department or event budget permits, URIA can assist you in purchasing advertising to promote your event.
- A low-cost advertising option is the Greensburg Rotary (two-week minimum @ $7 per week) and YMCA ($14 per week) LED signs, located along Pittsburgh Street.
- Other advertising can be purchased in print, radio, and TV venues at a considerably higher cost that will be absorbed by the requestor's budget.
Please note that submission of this form to the Office of University Relations and Institutional Advancement (URIA) does not guarantee that your event will receive media coverage, but only that all pertinent information will be distributed to the media for their use. While all items may not be considered newsworthy by URIA or the media, we encourage you to share your information with us.
Questions regarding publicity may be directed to 724-836-7741.