- About Academics
- Study Abroad
- Emergency Abroad
In case of a true emergency abroad:
- Contact local in-country emergency contact
- Contact local authorities
- Contact the Pitt 24/7 Emergency Hotline: 1-412-973-4688* // firstname.lastname@example.org (*Please note that you may need to dial a country specific dial-out code)
- Contact Pitt Police at 1-412-624-2121
- Before going abroad, be sure that you know how to use your phone to dial in-country phone numbers as well as international numbers. Look up instructions and dialing codes.
- Before going abroad, be sure that you know the local equivalent of 911 for any and all locations where you may be.
- Before going abroad, be sure to register yourself with the U.S. Department of State STEP program.
- Always check your email for information from your program manager, study abroad coordinator, faculty leader, etc.
- Pay attention to the local news.
- Have your international insurance card with you - this has the Pitt membership number listed as well as the phone number to dial for assistance.