- About Student Life
- Police and Safety
- Personal Safety
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Be assertive; try to set limits. No means No.
- Recognize the risks of drugs and/or alcohol.
- If in a social situation stay with your friends.
- Protect any evidence.
- Trust your instincts; if something doesn't seem right, use whatever means necessary to get away.
- Act quickly; evaluate the danger of fighting, running, yelling, or submitting. Act immediately!
- Run toward areas with people, if possible.
- Scream for help; it could attract others.
- Park close to your destination and in well-lighted areas at night.
- Assess the situation; if possible, scream, break free, and run.
- Run to the nearest building or dormitory and tell someone what happened.
- Contact the police as soon as possible.
- Try to remember details about the person to provide an accurate description.
- Know your evacuation routes.
- When the alarm sounds, leave your area immediately.
- Do not use the elevator, take the stairs.
- If you encounter smoke while you are escaping, crawl low under the smoke.
- Do not smoke in the residence halls.
- Always stay near cooking to monitor it closely.
Protect against Fraud - Credit Card information
- Sign all new cards immediately and cut up expired cards.
- Examine your monthly statements.
- Safeguard your credit cards as you do cash.
- Don't leave your cards sitting around your dorm room.
- Don't give information about your credit card over the phone.
- Don't give your PIN number to anyone.